Location: Georgia Aquarium
225 Baker Street Northwest
Time: 1:45 PM- 2:30 PM
Details: These 45 minute Instructor-Led programs provide a focused learning opportunity where students can expand their understanding of aquatic ecosystems. All programs are aligned to the Georgia Performance Standards(GPS) and include a downloadable Teacher guide with pre and post activities. All Instructor-Led programs include admission to the Aquarium and Deepo 4D Show.
Sea Life Safari (Grades Kindergarten- 2):
Join us as we go on an aquarium safari. Search for lionfish,sand tiger sharks, and barracudas. On their aquatic expedition students will explore the four basic needs of all animals and witness how their needs are met here at the aquarium.
Weird and Wild (Gradews 3- 5):
Come along on a “Weird and Wild” adventure at the Georgia Aquarium! Students will explore some of our unique habitats to discover the “Weird and Wild” characteristics of our most unusual animals. The students will visit some behind the scene areas while learning how our animals are able to survive in their habitats.
Undersea Investigators (Grades 6– 8):
Have you ever asked yourself, why does an animal behave the way it does? For example – How can you tell a juvenile beluga from an adult beluga? Through research we are able to seek answers to questions like these to better understand our animals and those in the wild. As an Undersea Investigator, students will discover how research is conducted, while gaining insights about the underwater world.
Aquarium 101 (Grades 9-12):
How does the world’s largest aquarium operate? Through an exploration of the aquarium’s exhibits and behind the scene areas, students will be exposed to aquarium related careers, research efforts, conservation programs and how the aquarium meets the diverse needs of our animals.
- Chaperone ratio for Home School is 2 children: 1 adult. Additional adults must purchase a general admission ticket and will be permitted to join the group after the program.
- No children 4 and under allowed on the program.
- Home School groups can enter at 11:00 am the day of their program to tour the Aquarium prior to their program.
- Once tickets are reserved and paid for, Home School groups can pick up their tickets at Will Call the day of their program.
- All home school groups need to check in at 1:30 PM with the Education Department for their Instructor Led program.
- A copy of your Home school Letter of Intent must be provided as proof of home schooling.
Cost per student is $12. AT&T Dolphin Tales Show - Add on $4 per person: The dolphin show is a fun, theatrical production where dolphins help spin the Star Spinner’s story for the audience.
For More Information Visit: